November 24, 2015
Organic Tricolor Quinoa with Zander
A yogi who's acted with Johnny Depp & lived in India 'cause why not
The MenuOrganic Tricolor Quinoa Kale with corn, onion, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes Mozzarella with Tomato and Basil Watermelon Shakes
Name: Zander Gladish
Hometown: San Francisco, CA
Current Location: Manhattan, NY
Day Job: Nutritionist, Holistic Health Counselor and Yoga Instructor
Daily Uniform: Jeans and a t-shirt
In the kitchen, I swear by: A good blender
The taste I couldn’t live without: Avocado
Top 3 yoga poses: Shavasana, Headstand, and half-pigeon
Hidden talents? I got the moves like Jagger
Most incredible dinner out: Traditional family-style Italian meal with friends while studying in Florence, Italy at Acqua al 2 (lots of Montepulciano vino).
Favorite travel destination: The Himalayas in India
If I could cook for anyone… I’d make breakfast burritos with green shakes for family and close friends.
Yoga has taught me: How to slow down and connect with myself on a deep level.
I have a few: Books I’ve been meaning to read
People would be surprised to know: I’ve acted with Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell
Top 5 Meals
1. Late summer dinner of grilled local salmon, sweet corn, penne with cherry tomatoes, and fresh greens straight from the garden; at my parents’ house in Marin County
2. Wet Chicken Burrito at La Taqueria on Mission Street in San Francisco (I love my Northern California-style Mexican food).
3. Indian food at Junoon in New York City
4. Crab Dinner at Aliotos Restaurant in San Francisco
5. Traditional Turkish meal of Grilled Lamb and Stuffed Pepper with Eggplant at Sunset Grill and Bar in Istanbul, Turkey