November 1, 2015
Sarah Britton in Copenhagen
My New Roots, Copenhagen and Too Many Dreams about Cooking
Name: Sarah Britton
Hometown: Toronto, Canada
Current Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Day Job: Author of My New Roots, vegetarian chef, holistic nutritionist, recipe developer, writer, photographer and some graphic design on the side.
Daily Uniform: Something I can wipe my hands on.
I have a few: Too many dreams about cooking. It’s all I think about – even in my sleep.
Best thing(s) about Copenhagen: Biking. Everywhere.
In the kitchen, I swear by: My ceramic knife
The taste I couldn’t live without: Extra virgin, cold-pressed olive oil
Most incredible dinner out: My favorite way to enjoy food is straight from the source. When I travel I like to either visit a farm or a local market, buy some seasonal goods and prepare them accordingly. This often means instead of going out for a meal, I cook for myself. But what could be better than that?
If I could cook for anyone: I’d make The Raw Brownie for my dad, mister chocoholic.
I’m dying to go to: Mysore, India to eat at V. Sandhya’s famous Sattvic restaurant.
Top 5 meals:
1. Wild mushroom and truffle risotto dished out from the inside of a giant parmesan wheel at Mas Provencal in Eze, France. Ridiculous.
2. Mediterranean lentils and roasted beet carpaccio at Elf in Los Angeles, California
3. Moroccan breakfast cakes + jams with mint tea, dates, and fresh orange juice at Riad Jomana in Marrakesh, Morocco.
4. Sweet potato, caramelized onion and spinach omelet with greens at Aunties &Uncles, Toronto, Ontario.
5. Enchiladas con mole and quesadillas de calabaza at Gracias Madre in San Francisco.
My motto: Follow your bliss.